Late Availability Easter Adventure Holidays - With Or Without The Children
Whether holiday-goers want to escape with the children or from them, there’s still time to take advantage of late availability Easter departures from The Adventure Company. As an added incentive, travellers can also save 5% on selected trips in April when booked before 15 March.
WITH THE FAMILY
CUBA: Viva Cuba! (12 days from £1,499 adult / £1,369 child – min age 6yrs)
- Families can enjoy the white sandy beaches, jungle-covered mountains and vibrant culture of this friendly Caribbean island on a comprehensive trip of the western part of Cuba. From the salsa rhythms and classic American cars of Havana and Trinidad to the chance to snorkel over coral reef, there’s plenty of variety on this 12-day trip.
- Price: From £1,499 adult / £1,369 child including flights, B&B accommodation, transport (minibus & boat), some meals (3 lunches & 1 dinner) and an experienced local leader.
- Departure: 1 April
EGYPT: Ancient Egypt Explorer (7 days from £1,199 adult / £1,069 child – min age 5yrs)
- On this 7-day adventure families will discover the Pyramids, cross the Nile to visit the Egyptian Museum and head south to Aswan to explore the bazaars, enjoy a camel ride and eat a traditional meal at the home of a Nubian family. Other highlights include a trip down the Nile in a wooden felucca, a horse-drawn carriage ride, the Valley of the Kings and the temple of Karnak.
- Price: From £1,199 adult / £1,069 child including flights, accommodation, transport (minibus, train, taxi, felucca & calesh), some meals (6 breakfasts & 1 dinners) and an experienced local leader.
- Departure: 7 April
JORDAN: Journey to the Lost City (8 days from £1,249 adult / £1,099 child – teen departures)
- From floating in the Dead Sea and snorkelling in the Red Sea to exploring a lost city built of rock (Petra) and sleeping out under the stars in the majestic Wadi Rum desert, this 8-day teen adventure takes in the best of Jordan.
- Price: From £1,249 adult / £1,099 child including flights, accommodation (hotel & camping), transport (minibus, 4WD, camel & horse), most meals (7 breakfasts, 1 lunch & 2 dinners) and an experienced local leader.
- Departure: 1 April & 4 April (teenage departures)
SRI LANKA: Monkeys in the Jungle (16 days from £1,839 adult / £1,689 child – min age 8yrs)
- Sri Lanka is an ideal destination for adventure-lovers with the chance to spend two days getting ‘hands on’ at a primate conservation camp in the ancient city of Polonnaruwa. Other highlights include a jeep safari into Uda Walawe National Park, a visit to the nearby Elephant Transit Home and the added opportunity to spot dolphins on an excursion from Negombo.
- Prices from £1,839 adult / £1,689 child including flights, B&B accommodation (hotel & guesthouses), transport (bus, 4WD, bicycle, train & boat), some meals (2 lunches & 2 dinners) and an experienced local leader.
- Departure: 1 April
FAMILY-FREE **Save 5% on April departures if booked before 15 March**
CUBA: Salsa Cubana (16 days from £1,969pp)
- This 16-day trip recalls Cuba’s historic past, stopping at the Bay of Pigs and spending time in colonial Havana. Holidaymakers travel the whole length of the island, from Viñales in the East to Santiago de Cuba in the West, exploring its changing scenery along the way including tobacco fields, lush forests and tropical beaches.
- Price: From £1,969pp including international and domestic flights, B&B accommodation, transport and an experienced local leader.
- Departure: 1 April
JORDAN: Petra and Wadi Rum (9 days from £1,299pp)
- Since Burckhardt’s ‘rediscovery’ of Petra in 1812, the deserts of Arabia have held a special fascination to Westerners and this trip allows travellers to find out why. The tour takes in the landscapes of Dana Nature Reserve, the sights of Petra, camping at Wadi Rum and a chance to float in the Dead Sea.
- Price: From £1,299pp including flights, accommodation (hotels & camping), transport, some meals (8 breakfasts, 1 lunch & 2 dinners) and an experienced local leader.
- Departure: 8 April
MOROCCO: Atlas Adventure (8 days from £749pp)
- A great introduction to trekking in the Atlas Mountains, holidaymakers will enjoy the mountain scenery on breathtaking hikes without struggling with high altitudes and camping equipment. Travellers will make their way across passes up to an altitude of 2000m and, for an authentic insight into rural Morocco, they will stay in traditional Berber villages along the way.
- Price: From £749pp including flights, accommodation (hotel & gites), transport, most meals (7 breakfasts, 5 lunches & 4 dinners) and an experienced local leader.
- Departure: 31 March
NEPAL: Everest Base Camp (18 days from £1,799pp)
- With May 2013 marking the 60th anniversary of the first recorded summit of Mount Everest, aspiring trekkers can head on this classic Himalayan trek complete with incredible views and rewards. Travellers spend their time in Nepal’s Khumbu region - home of the world’s highest mountain, Mount Everest, at 8,848m - where they will stay in teahouses and pass through mountain villages towards their ultimate goals – Everest Base Camp and Kalar Patar (5,545m).
- Price: From £1,799pp including international and domestic flights, B&B accommodation, transport and an experienced local leader.
- Departure: 30 March & 6 April (solo departure)
To find out more about The Adventure Company’s holidays call 0845 287 1198 or visit www.adventurecompany.co.uk
21 February 2012
For further information please contact:
Suzanne Seyghal, The Adventure Company PR Manager
Tel: 020 8971 2967 Mobile: 07944 168 697
Felicity Hay, The Adventure Company PR Assistant
Tel: 020 8971 0498
NOTE TO EDITORS:
About The Adventure Company
- Founded in 1996, The Adventure Company operates over 250 small group trips across all continents combining ‘must-see’ highlights with unforgettable cultural experiences.
- While itineraries are tailored to suit all ages, from those new to adventure to seasoned travellers, The Adventure Company is also the UK’s leading family adventure specialist with 113 holidays designed for travelling with kids. Trips vary from multi-activity holidays to exotic animal encounters, Hands On Adventures interacting with local community and environmental projects and teen adventures designed exclusively for families with children aged 12 upwards
- Its range allows holidaymakers to enjoy some of the world’s most iconic treks, spot wildlife on safari, get under the skin of local cultures, camp under the stars or try out new activities such as white-water rafting and dog-sledding, From Argentina to Zambia, all trips are led by local guides who provide an invaluable cultural insight.
Press Contact Details
If you are a member of the press and want further information, please contact Chloe using the details below.
Please note, this service is for members of the press only.
The Family Adventure Company
Cross & Pillory House
1 Cross & Pillory Lane
Tel: +44 (0)7769 256173