Wildlife & Nature
Eggs-Citing Family Adventures For Less This Easter
Chase the heat without the summer crowds this Easter and get a 5% discount on selected family holidays booked with The Adventure Company before 25 January 2012.
COSTA RICA: Natural Magic (Minimum 8yrs)
- This 16-day tour allows families to explore the rainforest at canopy level, meet iguanas and monkeys at Manuel Antonio and travel from the Caribbean to the Pacific coast. What’s more, thanks to the unique system of canals throughout the country, while travelling through banana plantations you can enjoy some great white-water rafting.
- Price: From £2,080 adult / £1,805 child (incl. 5% discount of up to £110pp) including flights, B&B accommodation, transport, some meals (3 lunches & 2 dinners) and an experienced local leader.
- Departure: 31 March
CUBA: Viva Cuba! (Minimum 6yrs)
- Enjoy the white sandy beaches, jungle-covered mountains and vibrant culture of this friendly Caribbean island on a comprehensive trip of the western part of Cuba. From the salsa rhythms and classic American cars of towns such as Havana and Trinidad and walks through tobacco fields in lush countryside to the chance to snorkel over coral reef from white sandy beaches or swim in crystal clear mountain pools, there’s plenty of variety on this 12-day trip.
- Price: From £1,729 adult / £1,548 child (incl. 5% discount of up to £90pp) including flights, transport (minibus & boat), B&B accommodation, some meals (3 lunches & 1 dinner) and an experienced local leader.
- Departure: 1 April
INDIA: Tiger Trails & Taj Mahal (Minimum 7yrs)
- Families can bring the Jungle Book to life as they head out on game drives through one of India’s premier national parks. With a mix of historical ruins and majestic wildlife, children will be able to let their imagination run wild with the chance to spot tigers, antelope, crocodiles and jungle cats. This 11-day trip is a chance for all the family to discover the majesty of India as travellers are taken around the Golden Triangle.
- Price: From £1,310 adult / £1,196 child (incl. 5% discount of up to £69pp) including flights, accommodation (7 nights hotel and 2 nights lodge), most meals (9 breakfasts, 2 lunches & 3 dinners), transport (train, rickshaw, taxi 4WD and minibus) and an experienced local leader.
- Departure: 31 March (teenage departure) & 2 April
JORDAN: Journey to the Lost City (Minimum 5yrs)
- From floating in the Dead Sea and snorkelling in the Red Sea to exploring a lost city built of rock (Petra) and sleeping out under the stars in the majestic Wadi Rum desert, this 8-day family adventure takes in the best of Jordan.
- Price: From £1,139 adult / £1,016 child (incl. 5% discount of up to £60pp) including flights, transport (minibus, 4WD, camel & horse), accommodation (hotel & camp), most meals (7 breakfasts, 1 lunch & 2 dinners) and an experienced local leader.
- Departure: 31 March & 1 April (teenage departure)
NEPAL: Himalayan Adventure (Minimum 7yrs)
- For the chance to go on a short trek in the Annapurna mountains, explore medieval Kathmandu and go on a jungle safari on elephant-back into Chitwan National Park, this 13-day family adventure allows ample opportunity to explore the region. With a backdrop of 8,000m summits of icy peaks and blue skies, the trek through remote hill villages in the foothills of the Himalayas will take travellers’ breath away.
- Price: From £1,605 adult / £1,396 child (incl. 5% discount of up to £85pp) including international and domestic flights, accommodation (hotels, camping & lodges), transport (minibus, dugout canoe & elephant), some meals (11 breakfasts, 5 lunches & 7 dinners) and an experienced local leader.
- Departure: 29 March - single parent departure
SRI LANKA: Elephant Paradise (Minimum 7yrs)
- For incredible value, inspiring landscapes, teeming wildlife and cultural treasures this 15-day family holiday is hard to beat. The action-packed itinerary includes dolphin watching, canoeing on the Kelani River, an elephant-back safari through the dramatic hill-country, jungle treks, a visit to a turtle hatchery and the opportunity to help a fishing community haul in their catch at sunrise plus the chance to enjoy some beach relaxation.
- Price: From £1,652 adult / £1,510 child (incl. 5% discount of up to £87pp) including flights, accommodation (hotel & jungle camp), transport (train, boat, 4WD, canoe & elephant), 14 breakfasts and an experienced local leader.
- Departure: 31 March
To find out more about The Adventure Company’s family holiday discount call 0845 287 1198
or visit www.adventurecompany.co.uk/specials
For further information or press trip opportunities please contact:
Suzanne Seyghal, PR Manager
Tel: 020 8971 2967 Mobile: 07944 168 697
Felicity Hay, PR Assistant
Tel: 020 8971 0498
NOTE TO EDITORS:
About The Adventure Company
- Founded in 1996, The Adventure Company operates over 250 small group trips across all continents combining ‘must-see’ highlights with unforgettable cultural experiences.
- While itineraries are tailored to suit all ages, from those new to adventure to seasoned travellers, The Adventure Company is also the UK’s leading family adventure specialist with 113 holidays designed for travelling with kids. Trips vary from multi-activity holidays to exotic animal encounters, Hands On Adventures interacting with local community and environmental projects and teen adventures designed exclusively for families with children aged 12 upwards
- Its range allows holidaymakers to enjoy some of the world’s most iconic treks, spot wildlife on safari, get under the skin of local cultures, camp under the stars or try out new activities such as white-water rafting and dog-sledding, From Argentina to Zambia, all trips are led by local guides who provide an invaluable cultural insight.
Press Contact Details
If you are a member of the press and want further information, please contact Chloe using the details below.
Please note, this service is for members of the press only.
The Family Adventure Company
Cross & Pillory House
1 Cross & Pillory Lane
Tel: +44 (0)7769 256173